Friday, December 5, 2008

Parker's Surgery

My lil man was a trooper but it was THE HARDEST thing I have gone through so far. The worse part was letting him go back with the nurses for the surgery, he could of cared less but I cried like a lil baby. They put tubes in his ears,took his atneoids out,checked for some breathing problem, and took a biopsy for reflux. After surgery the nurses said he was FULL of mucus, the one nurse said she was pullin boogies out that had their own zip code... Poor guy! We ended up being there 12hours because after everything was said and done he was horribly congested and wasnt taking any fluid so they hooked him up to an IV because he hadnt peed in almost 7hours. Once the fluids got flowing and they gave him some more pain meds he was getting better, they also gave him affrin nose drops to help dry him out and those helped a lot, he isnt breathing nearly as bad as he was when he first got out. I was so lost on what to do with him, all he wanted was to be held by me, no one else just me, so thats what i did. We had a lil problem with his first IV it came unhooked from the fluid but the site was okay so they had to flush it and he didnt like that much! Other than that he slept the whole day it seemed and its now 7:18 and hes down again. Oh I forgot he also ate some pudding,only drank maybe 3ounces all day and had some jello before he came home, once he got home we gave him some cereal and more pedilite so I think thats why he went down so early,his belly is finally full after not being able to eat anything after 5:30 this morning! I took some pic to document for his baby book so i'll share with you! I also want to add I had a WONDERFUL support system today, My husband along with my mother in law, sister in law, Best Friend, and both my Parents, if it wasnt for them I dont know how I would of gotten through the day! Thank you mom I love and appreciate EVERYTHING you do for me!





After Surgery in recovery

No comments: