Thursday, January 22, 2009

Heaven has 2 more angels

This is a lil late but with the crazy things going on I had no time to sit and actually think of what I wanted to write. My friend Brandie has been apart of my life since the 2nd grade which means everyone in her family is like my extended family. Her grandmother passed away last thursday, this was so hard for me I lost a grandparent and even though she wasnt "blood" she was my grandma. I dont even want to think about when I really do lose one of my own. She had been in a nursing home for awhile after she suffered a stroke. Like Brandie said she was just tired of fighting. She was a tough lil cookie though, always doing for herself never wanting help from anyone so after this happened she felt helpless and her freedom was taken away. I can only imagine what that feels like. Even though shes out of her wheelchair and out of pain it was hard to say goodbye. Grandma was always writing poems and had a lot of them published in poem books, she wrote one not to long ago to her grandkids and it was read at the viewing, I wasn't there yet but walked in right after it was read to see everyone in tears. I eventually got a copy of it and of course I cried. After the funeral we went to the VFW where she was an actvie member for lunch and then after we went to Brandies aunts house to go through Grandma's things and get stuff out that they wanted to keep. John, who is Brandies dad told me I could go through the jewlery box and pick something out I wanted...I felt honored to be able to have a piece of grandma. Brandie and I use to play dress up with grandma's clothes then we use to put every single piece of her jewlery we could get on our body. There was a horse shoe pendent that I use to always wear so I took that and then there was a pearl necklase we use to wear alot and i took that. So your probally wondering who the 2nd person is who is in heaven. Brandie's sister sarah was 16 and a half weeks pregnant and the day grandma passed away, she miscarried her baby. I think grandma just didn't want to go alone. Sarah is young shes 18 and even though its a horrible event everything happens for a reason and it just wasnt her time to become a mom. So as the title says, Heaven has 2 more angels.

Here is the poem she wrote to her grandkids.
A Poem To My Grandchildren

You may be sad because I passed away
But you have made my life so happy in many a way

Keep my memory within your heart
Then we will never be apart

Remember the things we did together
Homework,studying for your test
So you would do your very best

I love you all so much
Grandma

No comments: